Monday, July 11, 2011

The Last 4 Days...

Disclaimer: This post may be long, but if you can make it through it, let me know, and I will give you a cookie. 


July 7th
Today I woke up to meet up with mom because it was her last day in London.  We got breakfast and then we went to her hotel so I could see what it looked like.
After that I figured out how to get home via the tube all by myself. I felt very accomplished.
Then I went with Jill to meet up with some of our other friends at the location of the Harry Potter Premiere. It was insane.  There were so so so many people!

This wasn't even close to how many people there were....
Even though we had no idea where we were going we somehow managed to run into where Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) was!! That was really cool, but I didn’t enjoy the high and piercing screaming in my!

We were not finding our friends because everything was blocked off, and we got to see somebody famous, so we just gave up and went to a sports bar to wait for our friends.  We got a bucket of beer there!

Once our friends met up with us we walked around Soho area looking for a place to go dancing..we found lots of gay bars. 
We eventually made it to a club called Z-something…I can’t remember. It was pretty fun!

After some time we went to a different bar and danced there-it was also quite fun.
Then we came home.  And! I didn’t buy any drinks the whole night (other than at the sports bar), but a good amount were bought for me..and that’s my rule now--saving money!

Day 17.

July 8th
Today I woke up without my voice being fully there. :/ it also hurts.
Erin, Larissa and I had a crepe “breakfast” and it was delicious.
Then we went to the Tower of London.

I <3 colored doors.


Straight out of Wicked? Yes, I think so.


Tower Bridge and part of the Tower of London! What up??
My favorite thing was seeing the Crown Jewels.  They were so so beautiful!!  One of them had the First Star of Africa which is apparently the largest diamond that has yet to be found! That was pretty incredible to see…it was so big that it looked fake.
After the Tower of London we went on a hunt for soup. Specifically tomato soup.  We had so much trouble finding some! We went to one place that said they had tomato soup and we were excited! Then I wanted bread to go with it, but the only bread they had had cheese or meat stuffed it. So that was disappointing. THEN right before they brought it to us they came up to us and were all like, "umm so it's not actually soup, it's sauce for the bread..but some people eat it as soup" I was so frustrated (and hungry) it was in a soup pot!!! Grrr. Then we FINIALLY found a place called Dickens Inn.  It was mostly a bar, but we managed to find a quiet corner to sit.  While we were there, there was a wedding reception happening! That was cute and small.
When we got home I bought cough drops.  Also, Larissa introduced me to this yummy thing. I already forgot the name..

Day 18
July 9th 
Voice was still gone today. But we had our day trip to Brightion!  Did you know that I was originally planning on studying in Brighton instead of London? Fun fact #27.
First we went to the Brighton Museum..we didn’t have much time there at all..but what we did see was pretty cool!

If you can explain what this is to me I will give you an additional cookie.

After the museum, we had a tour of the Royal Pavilion.  It was beautiful, but way crowded.  That made it a bit less fun.  But we learned tons of cool history! Unfortunately I didn’t write any of it down, so I can’t fully remember a lot of it..something about China..and the king crying over how beautiful a room is...
Next we went to the Brighton Pier.  It was so  pretty there! But way windy! The pier itself was different from how I though it’d be..I thought there’d be more shops, but there was mostly food and arcade games and gambleing.  We still had fun there though!!


After that we went to the Lanes shops which is a street with a ton of cool and unique shops! I got some cute new dresses there :)
After that we took the bus home and I skyped with the fam bam! That was wonderful because I miss those people.
Then I met up with people I’m going to Italy with after the program ends and we started booking stuff!! I am so excited! While in Italy, we’ll be going to Venice, Florence, Pisa, and Rome!! I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait!!! I better be totally and completely healthy by then!
And then, some of us got ready to go out dancing

I was debating whether or not I should go out at first because of the loss of voice and the pain in the throat, but I decided to go. This was not my best decision.
We went to this place called Zoo Bar and it sucked!! It was SO crowded that you could not walk anywhere.  There were girls with stelleto heels stepping on me..drinks being spilt on me…and I already wasn’t feeling good in the first place.  A group of people we went in with left almost immediately after we got in and I totally would have gone with them if we hadn’t just paid 7 pounds to get in :/ I was so frustrated.  The other people who did stay all seemed to have a great time somehow, but I just couldn’t.  I also had like zero alcohol in me so that could have been part of why I was so bothered/irritated by everything. Plus, I started to feel more sick than I have since I lost my voice in the first place.
Eventually it was time to leave and the process of getting home was tough as usual.  We ended up getting a mini cab.
Overall..good day, mostly sucky night.

 Day 19.
July 10th
Today I woke up a bit earlier than I needed to to skype with the boyfriend and that was nice :) But I definitely felt sick.  My thoat hurt and I was coughing a lot more than I had been.
Next I took a shower and that helped a lot with the sick feeling, but not with the coughing. 
Larissa, Erin and I decided to go to Camdin Market.  I had never heard of this place before, but it’s a shopping place and it was so unique from any place I’ve ever been to!
It was a lot of bargan shopping—they would try to sell anything I looked at or touched to me and wouldn’t leave me was actually very fun though.  It was cool bringing the price down from what they first offered.  Although, I don’t think I’d like to do all of my shopping this was pretty exhausting.  By the end of the shopping time, I  ended up buying some dresses, necklaces, a couple suveniers for friends, and a coat.

I have a coat problem. I love them so much, but I don’t live in a place where I need them.  But I LOVED this coat and it was a type of coat I’ve wanted for a long long time. You know what, I don’t need to justify it, what’s done is done and there’s nothing I can do about it.  On the plus side I do feel like a got a pretty good deal on it!
After that we were going to go to Brick Lane which turned out being way creepy.  There were tons of sketchy men standing outside of food places trying to convince us to come inside. We did not stay there long.
Then we came home and got some groceries and have just been hanging out.  I feel like I have to rest because I’ve been coughing more and more and I need need need to get healthy by Thursday!! (I'm leaving for Spain that day)!!!!


  1. Yay for navigating the tube by yourself!
    Boo for not feeling well!
    I love being a girl and not paying for drinks...awesome. And if they won't leave you alone, then just "go to the bathroom". :)

  2. Feel better! Also, you owe me a cookie.